How to Use Twitter in Business: 5 Simple Steps to Maximize Results
Are you frustrated with how to use twitter in business?
Have you even grown to hate it?
I hear you, and it was not too long ago that I really couldn't stand the thought of logging into it another day. People seemed so cold and distant-like a place full of self promotion and nothing else. No one interacted with me or even acknowledged my existence. I felt like I was talking to myself.
Yeah, that has all since changed, with a few simple tips that I've implemented, and I really do mean simple! In fact, when you read them, you may actually laugh at how simple they are. I know I did!
5 Simple Steps to Maximizing Your Twitter for Business Results
1. Be a real person. The first step in being a real person is to have a picture. It is time to get rid of the 'egg head'. Show people who you are through your picture and your description. Having a finished profile is one of the most important steps in watching your twitter results increase.
2. Stick to your niche. If there is one social media platform where having a niche is essential, it is Twitter. Let's face it, Twitter is filled with a ton of junk. Finding your niche market within this huge platform, will streamline your efforts and get you in front of the people who want to hear what you have to say.
3. Build relationships. Just like any other type of social media platform, Twitter is all about building relationships, even in 140 characters. You can do this by retweeting, mentioning someone, thanking them for any mentions or retweets, and truly caring about those you are connecting with. It's time to lose the, 'I need to sell my product' attitude.
4. Grow your list. You really can't benefit from Twitter, without a healthy list. However, what is a healthy list? I can tell you what it is not-it is not a list that you buy, so don't waste your money. Build authentic lists with people who are interested in what you are discussing. Start by following followers of high impact people in your niche. Watch what happens.
5. Become the authority. Following the right people and giving them what they want, allows you to become the authority in your market. Don't overly promote your business, in fact, keep it to no more than once a day. Provide them tips to help them or other interesting articles that they will enjoy.
Oh and I almost forgot this *BONUS* tip: Be sure you are tweeting! Aim for at least 4 to 5 times per day.
There really is no magic formula for Twitter. It really isn't as hard as it first appears. The only thing you need to do to make the biggest impact on your business, is do it differently than about 90% of the tweeters out there.
Engage, engage, engage with your followers and acknowledge who they are and what they have to say.
What is your experience with Twitter, I'd love to hear? Share your comments below. If we are not followers of each other on Twitter, here is my information: https://twitter.com/gretchenpritts. Let's connect.