How to Set Business Goals for 2013: Laying the Foundation
With 2013 knocking on our doorstep, it's time to learn how to set business goals for the New Year, but first the foundation!
What's on your agenda for the year? Are you planning on trying the same old tactics to grow your business, or are you heading out on some new ventures?
One thing is certain, if you aren't stretching yourself, things will most likely stay pretty much the same.
For many, this time of year is one focused on the holidays and festivities. Parties are in full swing and there is a buzz in the air. Many are counting down the days until the year wraps up-so we can start anew.
However, why wait until January? Why not start your vision early?
If you decide to make 2013 your best year yet, you need to put the wheels into motion now! Working hard right now will give you the momentum you need to ring in the New Year with style and determination. If you wait–you will already be behind those that began today.
Just like you wouldn't run a marathon without training or play in a championship football game without laying the groundwork, it is impossible to make your 2013 successful without laying the foundation right now.
What You Can Do Now To Begin Stretching Yourself For 2013
1. Re-evaluate your year. Before you can start planning the next year, take a look at the year you are completing. Caution: This is NOT a bash session. DO NOT beat yourself up or have a pity party. This is an evaluation of what went right and what did not go as planned. Take inventory from an objective point of view–without judgement.
2. Dream big. Before you start writing goals and plans, give yourself a moment to dream big. What do you want to create for 2013? Don't hold yourself back. A fun activity that I highly recommend and do on a yearly basis, is to write a letter to yourself acting as if it is the end of 2013. Write what you've accomplished and what has happened in your life. Don't judge-just write.
3. Make a game plan. After you have your vision in place, it is time to make a plan. You can draw a timeline to help you know what needs to be accomplished at what time. Then from there, write out your first 90 day plan. So, 90 days into 2013, what will you accomplish?
4. Clear up any self sabotage. This time of year is a great time to begin tossing out those limiting beliefs that are holding you back. What are you saying to yourself on a daily basis that is preventing you from living your ideal life? Discover them and kick them to the curb. Although this is much easier said then done, the first step is acknowledging that they are there–then change your thoughts.
5. Round up help. As you make your plan for the year and toss out the junk that doesn't serve you, decide where you need help in making your year successful. Do you need to hire a coach to help with your belief system? Do you need a book keeper? Are you looking for support with marketing? Where can you find the help you need to make your year the best one yet?
Lay the foundation you need right now to make 2013 the most successful year you've experienced yet!
What do you say? Are you with me? Let me know by commenting below. Let's do this together!!